Prophet Muhammad (ﷺ) recommended us to break the fast with fresh or dry dates. Today it is proven that Dates are rich in fiber, potassium and other nutrients. When we study the nutritional facts and the health benefits of this amazing fruit from the date palm, we will realize that it is indeed a must have fruit after fasting for hours in Ramadan as well as in other months. It is also recommended in a hadith to eat dates on daily basis at morning.
7 REASONS TO EAT DATES DURING RAMADHAN
- Dates are easy to digest so they don’t exhaust your stomach after fasting.
- Breaking the fast with dates can quickly bring down the great hunger and we will not rush into excessive food right after breaking the fast, which can cause digestion disorders.
- Taking dates prepare our stomach to receive the food after being inactive through out the day by activating the release of digestive secretions and juices.
- Dates are very rich with ‘natural’ sugary energy which is a best nutrient for the brain cells and nerves.
- Dates protects us from having constipation as a result of change in the eating times or low fiber intakes during fasting days.
- The alkaline salts in dates can adjust the acidity of blood resulting from excessive intake of meat and carbohydrates which can cause a lot of hereditary diseases such as as diabetes, gout, renal stones, gall bladder inflammations, high blood pressure and hemorrhoids.
- Eating AJWA dates in the Morning will not cause you harm by poison or evil magic the whole day.
So have you got your Ajwa Dates for this coming Ramadhan? 🙂